Terms & Conditions
Acceptable Use PolicyContact us
Dedicated Server, Colocation, Acceptable Use Policy:
Important, please read - You agree to below AUP.
1. Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- 1.1 In this Policy, the following meanings shall have effect:
- "AUP" means Acceptable Use Policy in relation to the Services(s), Equipment
- "Equipment" means all Client equipment installed in the Premises
- "Parties" means US and YOU
- "Premises" means BlueSquare Data Services Limited's data centre located at Priors Way, Maidenhead, SL6 2HP or PoundHost Internet Ltd, Unit 2, Smallmead Road, Reading, RG2 0QS, United Kingdom
- "WE"/"US"/"OUR" means PoundHost Internet Limited (company number 06333189)
- "YOU"/"YOUR(S)" means the person or entity entering into the contract for Service(s) by virtue of ordering and paying for the Service(s)
- "Services(s)" means each individual Service ordered from US/UK including each VPS, each Dedicated Server, each Colocation space, IP transit, Storage and Rack Space
- "SUPPLIER" means the owners of the Data Centre, its directors, officers or representatives
2. Access to data centre for Colocation Customers
- 2.1 YOU must provide a list of names of all possible attendees.
- 2.2 YOU must allow a photograph to be taken for security purposes and produce original photo ID.
- 2.3 YOU must sign the visitors book whenever entering or leaving the Premises.
- 2.4 When visiting the data centre YOU must complete and wear on their person in a clearly visible location a visitors pass issued at the front desk at all times whilst on any part of the Premises.
- 2.5 If YOU wish to arrange for an engineer to attend the Premises, it is YOUR responsibility to arrange for Datacentre access, this must be done from the support section of the online portal ticketing system at least 24 hours prior to visit.
- 2.6 If YOU wish to bring a third party into the data centre YOU must obtain Datacentre access in advance of the visit, this must be done from the support section of the online portal ticketing system at least 24 hours prior to visit
- 2.7 WE will escort YOU, third party or an engineer at any time whilst at the Premises.
- 2.8 No more than two persons per Rack may be permitted on the data floor at any one time.
- 2.9 By entering the Premises YOU consent to a physical search of their person and their belongings in the event that any of the OUR/Suppliers employees reasonably believe that theft of OUR / the Suppliers property, or of another person's property, may have taken place, or is going to take place.
3. Use of data centre
- 3.1 No packaging of any type is allowed onto the data floor.
- 3.2 YOU must not take any food or drink onto the data floor.
- 3.3 Any waste material left on the data floor will be subject to a removal/cleaning charge.
- 3.4 No liquids are allowed onto the data floor.
- 3.5 Public walkways must not be obstructed at any time.
- 3.6 YOU must not touch, tamper or interfere in any way with equipment that is not YOURS.
- 3.7 YOU must not engage in any activity which may cause any problems or disruption to OUR customers or the other customers of the SUPPLIER.
- 3.8 YOU must not remove tamper or lift floor tiles unless WE / the SUPPLIER has granted prior permission.
- 3.9 YOU, YOUR agents, YOUR staff and YOUR contractors must not take onto, nor use on any data floor or anywhere within the data centre or its grounds, any kind of photographic, video or other image recording device. Photography or recording of any kind anywhere within any SUPPLIER facility will result in immediate expulsion of the person(s) concerned and the confiscation of all equipment.
4. Deliveries, storage and deployment
- 4.1 YOU must notify US of any intended installation of any circuits (telecoms) of any type at least 24 hours in advance using he support section of the online portal ticketing system.
- 4.2 Any third parties attempting to gain access to the data centre in order to survey or install a circuit will be turned away if the visit has not been arranged previously with US as above.
- 4.3 YOU must notify US in advance of the intended installation of any power supplies of any kind where these have not been approved by US.
- 4.4 YOU must notify US of any deliveries at least 24 hours in advance using the online portal ticketing system. A ticket number will be issued and this must be quoted by the delivery company/person otherwise access will be denied.
- 4.5 Any unscheduled deliveries or items of a delivery which have not been previously identified to US will not be accepted.
- 4.6 Details of quantity and type of items being delivered must be given for any delivery.
- 4.7 All deliveries must be clearly marked with details of contents, YOUR name, ticket number or reference number.
- 4.8 WE / SUPPLIER reserves the right to open and inspect any delivery for security purposes.
- 4.9 All deliveries / collections will be stored free of charge for a maximum of 72 hours in our secure storage area, after which they must be deployed to YOUR area in the data centre. WE / SUPPLIER reserves the right to charge storage, at the rate of £20 per day per item for items that may be left in storage. YOU must arrange any other requirements with US in advance.
- 4.10 All equipment must be unpacked prior to entering the data floor.
- 4.11 YOU are responsible for the disposal of YOUR own waste packaging materials to waste disposal area outside of the building.
- 4.12 YOU are reminded that YOU are solely responsible for all paperwork and documentation in respect of, and payment of, customs duties, imposts, levies, taxes or charges and that the WE / SUPPLIER will not arrange, and is not responsible for arranging, such paperwork, documentation or payments. WE / The SUPPLIER take no responsibility and accepts no liability if such paperwork or documentation is sent to it.
5. Use of Build Rooms
- 5.1 YOU must label equipment in the Build Room area with YOUR company name, Server id provided by US.
- 5.2 YOU must not touch any equipment which does not belong to YOU.
- 5.3 YOU are responsible for ensuring that the Build Room is left in the same condition as which YOU found it.
- 6.1 YOU may not engage in any illegal activity whilst attending the data centre. No noxious substances, guns, ammunition or any other weapons may be brought onto the premises.
- 6.2 YOU may not use our Services for any illegal purposes.
- 6.3 YOU are responsible for all content, activities and operation of any equipment located within the data centre.
- 6.4 WE are solely responsible for the physical security of OUR cages and/or racks. Whilst the SUPPLIERS staff will, so far as operational circumstances permit, carry out regular floor walks to ensure cages and rack doors are not visibly open, it is OUR sole responsibility to ensure OUR staff, employees, contractors and agents lock doors after and between use. The SUPPLIER takes no responsibility for the failure of YOU or OUR staff, employees, contractors or agents to lock doors to any cage(s) or rack after use.
- 6.5 Failure to adhere to the AUP may result in disconnection of power and/or removal of equipment from the data centre.
- 6.6 WE will not be held liable for any losses incurred in the event that equipment is removed/disconnected following a breach of the AUP.
- 6.7 WE may use OUR sole discretion in any decision relating to the AUP and such decision will be final.
- 6.8 WE reserves the right to modify the acceptable use policies at its OUR discretion at any time. Such changes will be posted on www.simplyhosting.com and published via an announcement to all customers via the portal.