Deep in the heart of the Thames Valley sits our Tier 3+ aligned data centre – a 50,000 square foot facility split over four data halls. Manned by our dedicated team of engineers and security staff 24/7/365, you can be certain your business critical data is in safe hands.
- 450 racks
- Standard 48U rack, 1000mm deep
- 4kW to 35kW per rack
- 2N Configuration
- Dual 32A feed to every rack
- Security staff on site 24/7
- Perimeter palisade fence
- Access control system
- 24/7 monitored HD CCTV
- Multi-layer access points
- Dedicated HV network and 2N transformers
- N+1 generators - 2N available
- 2N electrical switchgear in separate fire compartments
- 2N UPS in separate fire compartments - 2N+1 available
- Dual 32A feed to every rack footprint - up to 35kW 2N available
- N+1 chillers with dual power supplies from separate switchgear - 2N available
- N+1 separated and fully diverse pipework - 2N available
- N+1 air handlers with dual power supplies from separate switchgear - 2N available
- Under floor, room and ceiling void fire detection system
- Inert fire suppressing gas system
Main electrical panel
Our main electrical panel is duplicated with an 'A' side and 'B' side so every server has two completely independent power feeds for redundancy.
HV transformers & generators
Above our transformers and generators a gantry carries our busduct - this leads the power from the transformers and generators back into the building and is more efficient than using copper cables.
Multiple SDMO 1.1MVA generators for emergency power are tested monthly & configured in an N+1 set up. In the unlikely event the mains power fails, the entire data centre load is supported.
Our 'A' side room of UPS batteries is duplicated on the 'B' side. The batteries support power to servers if there is a transient or disturbance on the mains load or during time taken for generators to start.
The UPS filter on our 400kVA UPS units cleans the power through an inverter/rectifier and isolation transformer so the power supplied to the servers is stable and reliable.
Our control system for the data centre allows us to manually release the gas extinguishant to put out any fire instantly. We have a total of 85 fire extinguishant bottles, each 80 litres at 300 bar pressure. Fire beacons and sounders are in place to alert personnel to evacuate in case of an emergency.
Louvers allow cold air into the data floor while the air conditioning units extract hot air from the servers, cool it, and recirculate it into the room. Each unit cools over 250kW of heat at peak usage although we usually run at much lower load because we have an N+2 configuration. This means two units can fail or go out of service for maintenance without impacting the performance of the cooling system.
Heat rejection equipment
Warm water from inside the data centre passes through chilled water pipework and returns to the data centre cold. To remove the heat from the water we use a cooling chiller combination with high surface area for extra efficiency.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology for higher performance with power and thermal headroom to increase processor frequencies for diverse workloads
- Intel® Data Protection Technology with Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) making data encryption and decryption up to 2X faster
- Hardware-accelerated nested virtualization – Intel® Virtual Machine Control Structure (Intel® VMCS Shadowing) extends root virtual machine monitor (VMM)-like privileges to a guest VMM, enabling legacy OS, applications, security software, and other code not supported on the platform root VMM to be run on the system
Get in touch
Want to know more about our data centre? Call us now on 0333 247 0222.