VLAN Interfaces on Windows
This step by step guide is for configuring VLAN interfaces on Microsoft Windows based operating systems (Images below taken from a Windows 2012 R2 Server)
For the following guide we will use the following data and assume that you are running all commands as the Administrator user:
|Device||Local Area Connection|
How to do it:
- Go to Server Manager > Local server and click on “NIC Teaming“.
- Create a new Team with a single interface (TEAMS > TASKS > New TEAM). Select the desired interface and give it a name.
- Select “Adapter and Interfaces” windows and Click on TASKS > Add Interface
- Configure the specific VLAN and click “OK“.
- To add another VLAN interface on the same port, repeat step #4
- To assign an IP address to the new interface, click on Network Connections and find the right VLAN interface you’ve just added. Then, configure the IP similarly to any other interface.
Get in touch
If you need advice on VLAN Interfaces for Windows, we’re here to help.
Call us on 0333 247 0222: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Chat with us on LiveChat: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Write to us: Send us a support ticket from your Simply portal and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you don’t have an account with Simply Hosting yet, you can also send our Sales team an enquiry and we’ll get back to you between 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.